Would you like to be a part of the team at Hotel Castell d’Empordà?
Here at Hotel Castell d’Empordà, we believe that the people who form our team are the keys to our success. We seek professionals who wish to enjoy a career in a high quality standard hotel. Check out our job offers below or send us your CV
Are you a student and would you like to make your trainee in a castle with charm where to acquire all the practice you need? Ask your university /school to contact us to email@example.com
The Sous Chef will lead and manage all restaurant operations following the leadership of the Head Chef to offer a culinary experience, ensure concept vision given by Hotel Castell D’ Emporda. Demonstrate that employees are the highest priority, maintain a positive work environment and develop the next generation of restaurant leaders.
Take ownership of the restaurant; ensure the restaurant operates efficiently and profitably. Position reports to the Head Chef. Also requires culinary leadership and work with the Head Chef to create innovative and authentic menus. Educate self and communicate to team on regional history, culture and cuisine. Work to improve standards and guest satisfaction. Impact service by being on the line during peak times, press events, and festival periods.
Skills & Knowledge
- Position requires a minimum of 2+ years of sous chef experience and 5+ years of kitchen experience. Culinary degree preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of culinary fundamentals (knife skills, butchery, sauces, all kitchen stations) is required.
- Requires developed communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed independently or in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader.
- Ability to maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of employees. Ability to assess/evaluate other employees’ performance in a fair and consistent manner.
- Extensive knowledge of food industry, restaurants and competitive markets.
- Basic knowledge of revenue management. Participation in the development of short- and long-term financial and operational goals of the restaurants.
Stage pour étudiants
Es-tu en train d’étudier pour travailler à monde de l’hôtelérie? Es-tu en train de chercher un hôtel pour ton étage? À l’Hôtel Castell d’Empordà, nous sommes en train de préparer la saison 2020 et nous avons des vacantes suivantes pour des étudiants:
- F&B (restaurant à la carte et banqueting)
- Réception, Réservations et Service Client
- Ressources Humaines et Administration
- Wedding & Events Planner Assistant
N’hésitez pas à nous contacter et vennez travailler et apprendre avec nous!