Would you like to be a part of the team at Hotel Castell d’Empordà?
Here at Hotel Castell d’Empordà, we believe that the people who form our team are the keys to our success. We seek professionals who wish to enjoy a career in a high quality standard hotel. Check out our job offers below or send us your CV
Are you a student and would you like to make your trainee in a castle with charm where to acquire all the practice you need? Ask your university /school to contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sous Chef will lead and manage all restaurant operations following the leadership of the Head Chef to offer a culinary experience, ensure concept vision given by Hotel Castell D’ Emporda. Demonstrate that employees are the highest priority, maintain a positive work environment and develop the next generation of restaurant leaders.
Take ownership of the restaurant; ensure the restaurant operates efficiently and profitably. Position reports to the Head Chef. Also requires culinary leadership and work with the Head Chef to create innovative and authentic menus. Educate self and communicate to team on regional history, culture and cuisine. Work to improve standards and guest satisfaction. Impact service by being on the line during peak times, press events, and festival periods.
Skills & Knowledge
- Position requires a minimum of 2+ years of sous chef experience and 5+ years of kitchen experience. Culinary degree preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of culinary fundamentals (knife skills, butchery, sauces, all kitchen stations) is required.
- Requires developed communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed independently or in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader.
- Ability to maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of employees. Ability to assess/evaluate other employees’ performance in a fair and consistent manner.
- Extensive knowledge of food industry, restaurants and competitive markets.
- Basic knowledge of revenue management. Participation in the development of short- and long-term financial and operational goals of the restaurants.
Are you studying to work in the amazing world of Hospitality? Are you looking for a hotel for your internship? In Hotel Castell d’Empordà we are getting ready for 2020 season and have the following vacancies for students:
- F&B (restaurant à la carte & banqueting)
- Front Desk, Reservations & Guest Experience
- HHRR & Administration
- Wedding & Events Planner Assistant
Don’t hesitate in contacting us and come to work & learn with us! We have a really interesting benefit package.
For 2020 season, we are looking for a hotel receptionist. If you speak English and have at least 1 year experience in a 4-star Hotel front desk, apply now. A second foreign language and knowledge of Tesipro will be a plus.